Windstar VSS replacement

Has anyone replaced the VSS on a 3.8 windstar? I replaced the one on my taurus so i have a clue about what i am in for.

It looks like you would have to remove the plastic shroud under the windshield wipers to get access to the rear of the engine from the top. Is this feasible from he top?

The bottom route looks problematic to me. I don't have a lift, and it looks like it would be mostly by feel.

Anyone have any tips on doing this job on a 3.8 windstar?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

on my 99 that shroud is removed pretty easily.

Reply to
Petebert

found my windstar 98 that its best to remove the left wheel to get to the vss, note I replaced it but still get error codes once a week.

Reply to
tim