Windstar yet again

Hey group. Have read hundreds of Windstar-related posts. Some obvious trends show up. What I'm wondering is if there's a year model at which one could say the two biggies-head gasket and tranny, were finally corrected.

I'm still driving my '88 Bronco II and hope to do so for another year or so but will probably opt for a mini van after that. So you can see, this is a very slow process.

Aesthetically, I just prefer the Windstar to any other make. BTW, are there or are there not different body sizes/styles in this line. Some just look smaller to me( a good thing) than others.

Finally, I see many Winstars being used as company vehicles. Would it be wise to try to work a deal on something like this or will these just be more beat up? I tend to use my vehicles about 60/40 audio equip. hauling to family use. thnx +oM

Reply to
#om

Well, I guess Ill just have to reply to myself then. Y'all sick of talking about these things then?

Reply to
cduffey

I didn't see your original post. sorry.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

It's called "Windstar Yet Again", Lawrence.

Reply to
cduffey

OK, I'll go to google archives. sorry, it has been a _busy_ day/evening.

I'm going to google right now.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

OP: ================================================= Hey group. Have read hundreds of Windstar-related posts. Some obvious trends show up. What I'm wondering is if there's a year model at which one could say the two biggies-head gasket and tranny, were finally corrected.

I'm still driving my '88 Bronco II and hope to do so for another year or so but will probably opt for a mini van after that. So you can see, this is a very slow process.

Aesthetically, I just prefer the Windstar to any other make. BTW, are there or are there not different body sizes/styles in this line. Some just look smaller to me( a good thing) than others.

Finally, I see many Winstars being used as company vehicles. Would it be wise to try to work a deal on something like this or will these just be more beat up? I tend to use my vehicles about 60/40 audio equip. hauling to family use. thnx +oM =======================================================

I would say, go to JJ Powers or such for a report on Windstar and see what they think about it. I will take a look myself:

looks like: News For 2004, Ford's minivan was replaced by a new model called Freestar.

anyhow, click on this URL and get all the info you could want, aside from what was in the n/g's

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman