Windstar yet again

Hey group. Have read hundreds of Windstar-related posts. Some obvious trends show up. What I'm wondering is if there's a year model at which one could say the two biggies-head gasket and tranny, were
finally corrected.
I'm still driving my '88 Bronco II and hope to do so for another year or so but will probably opt for a mini van after that. So you can see, this is a very slow process.
Aesthetically, I just prefer the Windstar to any other make. BTW, are there or are there not different body sizes/styles in this line. Some just look smaller to me( a good thing) than others.
Finally, I see many Winstars being used as company vehicles. Would it be wise to try to work a deal on something like this or will these just be more beat up? I tend to use my vehicles about 60/40 audio equip. hauling to family use. thnx +oM
Well, I guess Ill just have to reply to myself then. Y'all sick of talking about these things then?
On 6 Dec 2004 15:09:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@new.rr.com wrote:

I didn't see your original post. sorry.
Lg
It's called "Windstar Yet Again", Lawrence.
On 6 Dec 2004 16:41:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@new.rr.com wrote:

OK, I'll go to google archives. sorry, it has been a _busy_ day/evening.
I'm going to google right now.
Lg

OP: ================================================Hey group. Have read hundreds of Windstar-related posts. Some obvious trends show up. What I'm wondering is if there's a year model at which one could say the two biggies-head gasket and tranny, were finally corrected.
I'm still driving my '88 Bronco II and hope to do so for another year or so but will probably opt for a mini van after that. So you can see, this is a very slow process.
Aesthetically, I just prefer the Windstar to any other make. BTW, are there or are there not different body sizes/styles in this line. Some just look smaller to me( a good thing) than others.
Finally, I see many Winstars being used as company vehicles. Would it be wise to try to work a deal on something like this or will these just be more beat up? I tend to use my vehicles about 60/40 audio equip. hauling to family use. thnx +oM ====================================================== I would say, go to JJ Powers or such for a report on Windstar and see what they think about it. I will take a look myself:
looks like: News For 2004, Ford's minivan was replaced by a new model called Freestar.
anyhow, click on this URL and get all the info you could want, aside from what was in the n/g's
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/23220.htm
Lg