Winstar 2001: Any well know problems to expect.

I bought a used Ford winstar sport 2001 with 45,000km (about 28,000 miles). Just wanted to know what are some of the main problems mechanics have found to be common with this vehicle. Hopefully monitoring these items will help me to be proactive, before problems get too big. I am not saying this is a bad vehicle, however no mini-van is perfect.

Reply to
lbbs

We have a 2001 Windstar Limited with 23000 miles and have had no real problems at all. We did have a clock spring go bad on the stearing column that gave an Air Bag fault but this was replaced under warranty. The drivers seat made noise and shifted when going around corners but this was also repaired under warranty by replacing the seat track. We've really had no mechanical problems with the drivetrain at all....but with only 23000 miles on it I wouldn't expect any.

Reply to
Chris Warner