winstar 95: engine light on

I wonder, when a problem is corrected after the warning engine light goes on, does it automatically resets itself and disappear, or it requires a special reset by a mechanic?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski

You can reset it by removing the battery cable for a few minutes....

Reply to
Scott M

It depends on the nature of the problem, I think. In any case, disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes will reset it. (of course, then you need to re-program your clock and radio too)

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski

The mechanic who fixes it should be able to reset it (the tool that gets the code can do this).

In addition, the light will go out automatically after the fault is no longer there after a day or two.

Reply to
Jeff