wiper blades not "parking" 96 Marquis

a problem has developed with my wipers on a 96 Merc Marquis. In the morning I'll turn the wipers on to wipe the dew and when I turn them off they will not "park" or return to the proper position but rather end up
in the middle of the windshield. Any recommendations on where to start troubleshooting?
Carl e Roberts wrote:

it might be the parking control in the wiper motor, or it might be the dew on the window thats stopping it.. try the wipers when the window is clean and there is no dew on the window like in the afternoon and see what happens... if it still does it then check the motor.....