Wipers Won't PArk, 98 Crown Vic.

Hi All: Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem. I have a 98 Crown Vic and the wipers won't park. In fact when I shut them off the go all the way to the up position. The parking cycle seems to be dead.
The wipers work perfect other than the parking problem.
I removed the cover to reveal the crank and it was stuffed with acorns. (I have a chipmunk problem in my neighborhood) Maybe they chewed the wiring?
I tried looking at my service manual and it gives instructions on how to measure resistance and voltage, but I can not find the wiring harness that goes to the wiper motor. Ford had a better idea when they design accesiblity to the wiper motor. Looks like a nightmare and I may have a mechanic do the work. I'm getting too old for this. M
You need a wiper motor.

That's what my brother told me. ( He's also a mechanic) He claims it's my fault for trying to move heavy snow with the wipers. For every car that I have owned, I have broken either the wiper motor or the drive. Guess I'm too rough on the wipers and going to have to be more aware of wiper fraility. M
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:26:47 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

Good quality ice scrapper? I use to use my id badge from work. Actually, I have learned that it may be the wiper contol module. I'm bringing the car in for service and I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks M
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:58:36 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

Some kind person on rec.autos.tech gave me a part number so maybe I'll try to fix it mysef. M