WOMAN GETTING RIPPED OFF WHY???

It's a shame. Since my husband and I divorced I have no where to turn. I have a 1996 ford contour three different mechanics told me three different things. here's the problem.when it sits at a red light or
whatever the steering wheel vibrates when I drive on the road as long as it's going straight it's ok the slightest turn and it sounds like it's rubbing? My girlfriends husband suggested I tell you guys and you would help me THANKS
power steering................
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:08:28 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MARY ANDRIOZZI) wrote:

Your power steering pump is probably shot. They're not too terribly expensive to get replaced.

MARY ANDRIOZZI wrote:

it would not make any difference if you a WOMAN or your husband went to three differenct mechanics you would probably both get the same answers, all different....cars are much more complex these days and getting to a mechanic that knows what he is doing(good repairs) is like finding chickens with teeth....
did yu try www.contour.org a web site for contour owners, real good advise on fixing contours, it helped me out alot with my contour... hope this helps.

Don't be afraid to look under the hood and check all fluids...it's like a human we need our liquids - they need theirs...just look for the markings and see where your levels are. I'm not afraid to look even though I don't always know what I'm looking at. Linda
Actually it could be a couple things. If the car has a lot of miles it could be worn drive axels or wheel bearings. Faulty alignment could be a factor. A loose tie rod maybe, which can be dangerous. Anybody who isn't interested in mechanical things and who won't get their hands dirty will pay for car repairs and can get ripped off. Ask around for a mechanic who'd reliable and reasonable. Let him take the car in for inspection to find out where the problem is. The dealer can fix it at around 70% higher prices than the independent mechanic.