Worth Of 89 Ford Ranger ?

I realize you cant make a exact guess without actually looking at it, but I was wondering if someone here could advise me as to what they would do.
I live in midtown sacramento and discovered I really dont need a car at all, so I have left my 89 Ford Ranger w/custom made ladder rack parked for the last couple of years.
It was running fine when I parked it, but had a small transmission seal leak ( I drove it for 2 years with the leak, just kept topping it off) needs a water pump and tires, but other than that, it was running like a top, just got tired of paying the insurance, gas, dealing with the parking etc.
No dents, plus it has an attatched tool box right behind the cab.
I was thinking of $500 but might go as low as $300, I think I can get that much for it just as scrap-metal, what do you think ?
I live in Sacramento Ca. Have had people leave notes on it asking if I would like to sell it, but have made no real offers, so you could really help me out if you an give me ANY idea about what I might try to get for it.
Feel free to e-mail me directly if you want;
Any help / advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Chris Mc3
Check nadaguides.com, WBMS

Check nadaguides.com, WBMA

Chris Mc 3 wrote:

Have you tried Kelley Blue Book? www.kbb.com
You will need more specific information, such as bed size, 2WD/4WD, auto/manual transmission, engine, miles, equipment, condition, etc. If you don't know the condition, there is a condition quiz that will lead the way.
I got $1000.00 for my old '89 Mustang last year. Fred