Yellowing headlamps

The headlamp lenses on my 1995 Crown Vic are looking pretty yellow and opaque. Is the cheapest, effective solution to just attach a buffer or whatever to the end of my drill and use some cleaning or polishing
solution on the lens with the lamp still in place, or is it not that easy? What sort of approach works?
-- Mark
you can buff them, or replace them

On 28 Jan 2005 04:32:29 +0000 (GMT), Mark Carroll

I read in a newsgroup, might be this one, that a person used some toothpaste and quickly buffed out the haze on his lenses.
hth,
tom @ www.ChopURL.com
I'm the one who used toothpaste on my 1993 ford aerostar headlight lens.Do it for about 15 minutes each and rinse well .You will notice the big difference if you do one and then compare to the other one that you have not worked on .I'm going to do them again when I get a little spare time.(I used the Blue paper shop towels but I would not hesitate to use a wash cloth or something similar)Good luck. " ENO"

On 28 Jan 2005 04:32:29 +0000 (GMT), Mark Carroll

For Quick and easy I used a buffing head on my drill with regular Turtle Wax as the polish. In about 5 minutes they were crystal clear and with "Turtle Wax" shine ;-)
Use whatever works best for you, they're only plastic