yet another topaz question how many splines on the axel

Hello again
so I don't want to get a littering charge for pushing the car over a cliff, (it would probally be more then the car is worth anyhow) I priced a replacement driveaxel it's fairly cheap as far as NAPA goes
Does anyone have an Idea how I can know if I have a 23 or a 25 spline unit without pulling the old one out?
2.3l hsc 5-speed
thanks again EAP
DodgeVanGogh opined in

Ask the parts guy if you can buy both and take back the one you dont use.
I loaned my old car to relatives and while they were driving they saw a puff of smoke from under the dash. The dash/instrument lights were gone and the turn signals only worked intermittently. After a while they quit completely also. Other wise seems ok. Anyone had a similar event? Dealer wants $125 for simple diagnosis. Where can I start looking? B
Did you check for blown fuses or fusible links yet? It would be cheaper to buy a factory service manual on eBay than to pay the stealership $125.00