You need more kids

Are you sure you have enough kids?

Of course, when it comes to bath time, you just bring out the hose.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Actually the book "Cheaper by the Dozen" tells a similar story and mentioned a number of people in the same community with large families.

100 years ago nobody would have blinked an eye.

Consider this though - on the same page as that story was a link to the following:

I was struck by the contrast. A family of 2 with 17 kids where there's obviously enough hands for the children to help raise each other, and the mother stays home. Contrast to a family of 2 with 2 kids where both parents work and the mother is so tired and/or inattentive as a result of doing that, that she can't hold it together enough to keep her kid from literally dying of neglect.

Which family would you have preferred to grow up in?

I wonder if we as a human species might be better off leaving the business of having and raising children to couples who make a career out of doing it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt