Your Muffler ! FIX IT !!

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for the good advice, I was able to get an adapter so the new muffler fit onto the pipe in front of it, after I sawed it off. Thanks again Tom

Last time I did something like that, I used a special exhaust pipe chain cutter. It was like a roller chain with multiple cutter wheels like the sinegle one in a pipe cutter. You strapped it around the pipe and tightened the chain around the pipe. You rotated the cutter back and forth around the pipe. Eventually you cut throught the pipe. You get a nice square cut with a realtively smooth edge.
This one is not exactly like the one I used, but similar - http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kd2031.html . I like this one better - http://www.toolsource.com/chain-pipe-cutter-412in-p-78038.html .
It is also handy to have a tail pipe expander - http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec03.html .
Walker has a breakdown for the exhaust system for this car at
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/images/coupons/0729.gif .
Ed