Zetec Fault

I have a 1997 1.25 zetec which, when cold, refuses to take any throttle until it has idled for 2 to 3 minutes. (sounds like heat problem). When it is running at normal temperature it is slow to raise from idle
and pinks when heavy acceleration is used. I have scanned the ecu but no fault codes are evident. The temperature, MAF and throttle position readings all seem acurate. However the Manifold absolute pressure never rises above zero. Can any one tell me were the MAP sensor is on this model and how to test it or even better any ideas for a cure. Thanks
Del wrote:

Your car won't have a MAP sensor. It has a MAF, which effectively does the same job. Try cleaning the MAF with electronic parts cleaner or alcohol. Also check the fuel pressure. It sounds a lot like a lean condition.
Not the answer you want! BUT just in case - I had exactly the same symptoms on a Zetec Fiesta and it had local garage and Main Dealer fooled for about a week.
It was eventually found to be petrol contaminated with about 10% diesel!!
Cheers Gerald

Gerald Gardner wrote:

Thanks lads for the replies.
I think Tom is close with the sympton. I scanned the ECU again with different software. This time again no fault codes, however a line read 'running lean'. I swapped the MAF out for two second hand replacements. One made no difference and the second made her slightly sharper on engine pickup but came no where close to a cure.
What is the easiest way to check fule pressure?. Looking at the contaminated fuel idea, is there any way to test for this before cleaning ou the tank?
Again all thoughts most appreciated.
Del wrote:

There is a Schrader valve on the injector fuel rail. You need to obtain a fuel pressure gauge to attach to it. I don't remember the exact spec but it will be 30-40 psi with the engine running. No matter, if this is the cause the reading would be much lower than that. If it is low, look toward the filter or the pump.Also, closely inspect the air tube between the MAF and the throttle body for tears or cracks.