ZX2 A/C trouble

'99 Escort ZX2, 5 speed, manual transmission
Issue 1.) A/C wasn't blowing very cold anymore. Took it to dealer. Told A/C condenser was leaking. Replaced condenser, and A/C blowing nice and
cold again. However, when A/C is engaged and car is in gear and in motion, A/C compressor is cycling once every 13 seconds or so; I can hear it if window is down (sounds like a combination of a click and a puff of air), and it is accompanied by a split-second loss of accelleration, which feels like a minor lurch. Question 1: Should the compressor be cycling this frequently? Question 2: Should I be hearing a combined click and puff of air, or just a click? Wondering if the puff-of-air sound when the compressor engages is indicative of a second leak somewhere. Question 3: Is the accompanying loss of power/slight lurch normal?
Issue 2.) Over the past year or so, the ventilation system developed an extremely potent, musty, mildewy smell. I researched the problem online, and found multiple sources suggesting that one spray Lysol into the air-intake ducts at the base of the windshield. So this I did. Weeks later, the smell of Lysol continued to linger, and seemed to be mixed with a less-potent, still-musty, still-mildewy smell. When I got the A/C serviced and condensor replaced by the dealership, I also had them perform a service called "Deodorize A/C System." However, I'm still getting the stale-Lysol smell when I turn the air on. I believed that the de-*odor*-izing service would eliminate all of the odor. Is that too high an expectation?
<Email address contains anti-spam measure; please remove to reply directly via email.>
Bob A. Booey wrote:

    If I am not mistaken, the constant cycling of the compressor is often due to the incorrect amount of freon or what ever is used being in the system. I would ask your mech to check it. There are other causes, but this is the most common one.