ZX2 automatic transmission fluid change

There is a small oil pan (with no drain hole) and a single bolt on the cast aluminium part. This is the ZTEC engine (99 ZX2 Escort). Can someone tell me what Ford's procedure is, or direct me to where I could
research this myself (my Google search came up empty).
TIA NetMax
Sure can! Buy the proper manual. The factory manual is sold on line, others at your favorite book store!

the manual is only like $15

Daughter's car (not mine), she only works part-time summers (money is thin), so I've been teaching her a bit of auto-mechanics so she can do some of her own servicing, or at least recognize when something needs to be done. I was trying to save her a few bucks by doing the tranny oil change myself. It's no big deal, just thought I'd ask the ng first.

<snip>

There's a drain plug on the side but you're more likely going to have to drop the pan anyway (and if it's like the sedan, you'll either have to loosen the crossmember under it or raise the engine/trans as the pan won't come out otherwise). Even my mechanic said it was a PITA when he changed the fluid on mine.

do
oil
won't
changed
Thanks for the heads-up!

u really wouldn't be out the cost of the manual as the manual is good to have in any case

You're right. It's a '99' and I usually don't pick up a service manual until the car is a bit older, and I start needing to do stuff. It's always a good investment though.

<snip>