'03 ZX3 leaving a little water puddle

I just bought a barely used '03 ZX3. It has a mix of options--no pwr locks or windows, but fog lights, 6cd changer, cruise, ABS I think. Anyway, I love it.

But, I notice that now that cold weather has set in--35-40 farenheit nights--that it leaves a little puddle of water on the drive beneath the engine when I start it. Not oil, not fluid, just some water with coolant. Also a few drips from the exhaust pipe after starting. Didn't do it in warm weather. Doesn't leave any water after driving and parking. The puddle was smaller today than yesterday.

I've got lots left on the warranty, only 8,000 miles on car. Runs super, so don't suspect any moisture in gas. Should I see a dealer, or is this just some condensation, overfilling of radiator fluid, or something. thanks, Flatline

Reply to
Flatline

"Flatline" wrote

This is definitely not normal. It's the "coolant" word here that bothers me. I'd suspect a problem with the cooling system - possibly the overflow or reservoir. Almost certainly easy and cheap to fix, but I'd get it looked at by a good cooling system shop or dealer ASAP. Cooling system problems can be expensive if ignored.

Reply to
Dave Gower

In message , Dave Gower wrote

Perhaps it's condensation from the Air Con unit. If fitted, the A/C is automatically switched on when the blower is directed at the windscreen. The puddle of water may be 'normal'.

Reply to
Alan

"Alan" wrote

Except that he said it contained coolant, which is very much not normal. In my experience, the A/C does not in fact function at such low temperatures.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Carefully check the thermostat housing. It is made of plastic, and will crack. Mine did at 70,000 miles. Would leak just enough to have to add water to the reservoir about every two days. Puddle size would vary from a few inches to two feet in diameter. When cold, I could squeeze the inlet hose and water would seep out the housing.

Ron

Reply to
ronrut