04 ZTS - no tach?

hello, I just purchased an 04 zts - 2.3l manual trans car and there is no tach. it has the standard cluster. the owners manual seems to indicate that
there is a certain cluster with tach for the 2.3 cars. was it optional? seems strange to me. thanks greg

that
the tach is standard on all models as far as I know on European models. I wonder how much Ford is saving by not putting the tach on the US models? all models especially the ones with manual transmissions should have the damn thing!
ahmet
Turkey
'01 wagon 1.6 liter auto

[..]
Full ack, can't remember any Ford without a tach, had quite a few (5 including the current one). A car without isn't worth looking at. Was painful enough to get used to the fact that the Focus tach is on the left and not on the right as any other Ford before owned, which I liked more.
BTW Would be nice if the window washing plant could be reset to work as it used to in Ford cars. Not turning on windscreen wiper on first press, effectively destroying windscreen wiper in short time as they move over the dry windshield.;(
I have a US 04 ZTS with the 2.3l PZEV engine, manual trans and it has a tach. Great car - congrats on your purchase! The transmission/engine combo on this is so nice, with a great torque distribution. But it's very quiet running, too. Not having the tachometer would be a handicap since it's not always easy to hear or feel the engine revving. - Kevin
gregory bealla wrote:

hello Kevin, and thanks for the response. what I have recently been told is that the tach is part of a sports package which is optional and also contains fogs, leather wheel, and rear spoiler. my car does not have the package. I may investigate the possibility of swapping the cluster as I agree with your comments about the power train and tach. thanks, greg

no
that