'06 Focus - computer problems?

3 month old Focus diesel has 'broken down' twice now - 1st time, engine warning light came on - taken to dealer who just said it was a software update needed doing - kept car half day for it to be done. This week, the power steering 'failed' - it became very heavy as car reversed out of drive & warning message appeared. Switched off engine & restarted - no problems. Again took into garage to cjheck & again they said it was a problem with the computer & that it would 'learn' from this latest fault & we shouldn't get problem again. Are we getting the runaround on this one? Last thing we want is for erroneous computer messages to keep appearing. Anyone else come across any similar?
Reply to
John Tallyman

that's the prob with everything running electrically through management systems! bring back the old belt driven PAS pump!

Try calling Ford CRC - Customer Relations Centre and register the complaint with them. Once the dealer is aware of this you will get VIP service from them and they will bend over backwards to help you.

HTH

MC.

Reply to
Ford worker.