06 Focus 'Info Display' stays on

Hello Peeps,

Well we got our 2006 Focus Zetec Climate with the 2.0 Duratorq (diesel) engine last Friday.

So far so good .... but

  1. Annoying little niggle is that we have noticed the trim around the front passenger door release assembly (about 3x1 inch thingy) is loose ... in fact the whole little assembly seems loose. I've had a quick go at relocating it but it doesn't want to go ... so it is going back to Bristol Street to get them to look at it. They'll probably have to strip the door down to fix it!!

  1. .... and the subject of this email. We have noticed (when it is dark) that when we leave the car and lock it the little 'information display' stays illuminated for ages - 30 mins or so anyway. The lcd strip on the audio unit (a CD6000) also stays illuminated. I can't see anywhere in the book that says this is normal. It seems to do it whether we:

a. unlock the car and then don't go back to it for 45 secs after which time it locks iteslf b. we unlock the car, start engine, turn off, lock up c. we unlock the boot from the remote key fob, open the boot and then close it (restoring the double locking when it is closed.)

Anybody any ideas what this is about ... or is it all just normal and what all focii do?!

Over to you peeps.

Phil

Reply to
Phiz

Don't worry..it's normal, it happens to all Foci :-)

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

Hi Nick,

Have got access to ng's again after a couple of days of them not being available. Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it is all normal.

Phiz

Reply to
Phiz