06 Focus LX - windscreen misting

Hi there
I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with windscreen misting as myself? Its an 06 LX, UK spec, and gets misted up really
quickly. When you wipe with a sponge/demister pad, its almost like there's some sort of greasy film on the inside. You wipe it, it comes straight back!
All heater/demister settings ok as far as I know, no leaks from pollen filter or any other seals, its just a PITA having to crack a window open or switch on the aircon just to get rid of it.
Anyone having the same problem?
Wayne Remove SPAM to reply

Are you certain you dont have
a) a blocked heater box drain (under the car) b) a leaking heater core (check the coolant level)
Tim..

c) You are a heavy smoker ;)

Pretty sure that nothing's going wrong in the heater dept - no coolant topup since new, and Ford have had this one back MANY times for other leaks etc, so I'm not quite sure whats going on here - just wondered if its a Focus "issue".....
And no, not a smoker :)
Wayne Remove SPAM to reply
mr_coconut wrote:

My experience has been that all my cars do this. Been told by more that one dealer that it's usually caused by the plastics and other artificial things that are in the interior venting off gasses and coating the glass. My Focus has 106,000 miles and still does it. Have to clean it once a month with glass cleaner. My Toyota and Mazda also do the same.
Ron
:>mr_coconut wrote:
:>> :>>> :>>>> a) a blocked heater box drain (under the car) :>>>> b) a leaking heater core (check the coolant level) :>>> c) You are a heavy smoker ;):>>> :>> :>> Pretty sure that nothing's going wrong in the heater dept - no coolant topup :>> since new, and Ford have had this one back MANY times for other leaks etc, :>> so I'm not quite sure whats going on here - just wondered if its a Focus :>> "issue"..... :>> :>> And no, not a smoker :) :>> :>> Wayne :>> Remove SPAM to reply :>> :>> :> :>My experience has been that all my cars do this. Been told by more that :>one dealer that it's usually caused by the plastics and other artificial :>things that are in the interior venting off gasses and coating the :>glass. My Focus has 106,000 miles and still does it. Have to clean it :>once a month with glass cleaner. My Toyota and Mazda also do the same. Quite common in Arizona due to the extreme heat. Really bad if your car has to be parked in the direct sun all day. With the windows up the inside temperature can easily top 150F. And yep. if pretty much affects just about every make and model.
:>Ron
me/2
Common problem with the Ford Fokay's