1.8 TdCi engine fuel leak

I have a 2003 TdCi 1.8 (115 hp) with 57000 miles on the clock, purchased a couple of weeks ago from a garage. Whenever I start the engine hot, there?s a smell of diesel from the air vents and on idle after running at cruising speed. Also a slight stutter when pulling gently at 1800 - 2000 rpm (this may be characteristic of the engine, I don?t know..). There are signs of fuel leaking from somewhere around the injector ramp, but can?t see from where exactly. A guy I talked to yesterday mentioned problems on this model with the injector seals. Anyone know about this ? Could it be the source of the problem ? The garage are going to take a look at it, but I thought I?d get some info beforehand. Thanks

Reply to
marp

Hi. Mine hasn't experienced this problem, and I personally haven't heard of it before, but there are folks on this group who have been very helpful to me in the past.

A word of warning, if you suspect a fuel leak around the fuel rail, *don't* go anywhere near it. It operates at a very high pressure and if you are in close proximity to a leak it could potentially have fatal consequences.

G.

Reply to
Gary McClean

Thanks for the advice ! It was in the shop today and I got it back this evening. The mechanic tightened up a loose injector apparently. We?ll see how it goes on the trip tomorrow - 1500 km.

The garage did to confirm an apparent problem with these engines, although failed to give any details

If I get any more feedback, I?ll post.

Reply to
marp