Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Ford Focus ZTS
I have a 2000 Ford Focus, yesterday I was driving it down the High and the radio went out moments later the instrument cluster died and the the car Started running funny. I pulled over and cut it off....

Side light replacement problem FF C-Max 2004
I can't understand the instructions for changing the front sidelights. The holder is supposed to be held by 2 clips I am supposed to squeeze in, but all I can find is hard plastic! How do you get...

2000 US ford focus - power steering
Hi there, I'm in Wisconsin and wanted to get a reality check on a power steering pump replacement. My dealer quoted me approx $450, does that sound about right? Funny thing, I just had it to the shop...
2
2

battery charging problem
US 2002 Focus LX w/AC that I bought a year ago. Three or four weeks ago I noticed that it was cranking somewhat slower than usual. The next day or two I noticed the dash lights seemed dimmer and then...
3
3

Air condition always on
Ford Focus 2003: can't switch off cooling; no matter if the green light on A/C switch is on or off - the cooling is working permanently. Any idea what's wrong? Thank you...
12
12

Please help - 2003 Ford Focus
I have a 2003 Ford Focus and as many people have described my heater switch only works on 1 setting. I have tried changing the heater resister but I am now on my 3rd in 12 mths and even this one has...
2
2

Puttering
I have an 02 zx3. 5speed 4 cylinder zetec. I have replaced the clutch in the past But my new issue is a mid gear putter. It acts as if it is not getting fuel or lack of Oxygen in the combustion.........

Electrical Problem
Have a 2000 Ford Focus Wagon. Alternator light cam on several weeks ago. It was faulty so replaced it. Now the guages are going crazy and the battery is over charging from time to time. The guages...

2000 Focus
I have a roaring/grinding noise coming from the front end of my Focus. It is at all speeds, in gear or out of gear and is getting worse and worse. Could it be the CV joints going out? How can I test...
7
7

ECM code P-0401
My UK 2004 Focus TDCi is reporting error code $10 ECM P-0401 "exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient". It drives perfectly with no problem apparent, good fuel economy (50 mpg) and no black smoke....
3
3

#2 cylinder not firing
Good Day, I have a ZX3 2001 Focus and #2 cylinder is not getting spark. Ran a compression test and it is 175 lbs. Changed wires,# 2 had no reading from my ohmmeter,and plugs. Can the coil have one bad...
3
3

Front wheel barings
2001 Focus disc brakes. How hard is it to replace the front wheel barrings? I think it/they are going south on me. A roaring sound coming from the front end and it has been getting worse and worse, in...

Strange Focus Problem - Engine Dying
Yesterday I had a strange problem with my 2001 Focus 2.0 Zetec. As I was accelerating out of a motorway service station to join the M3 the engine suddenly died. Dropped down to third gear and it...
11
11

Focus Handling: Mk1 vs Mk2
I've had a Mk1 Focus TDCi Zetec for a few years and found it to be a particularly good handling motor, with good performance to boot. I was thinking about getting a Mk2 Focus (or even the latest 2008...
9
9

Bizarre central locking problem
Got a Ford Focus LX 1.6 (UK model), first registered in 2000. I believe there to be a problem with the central locking motor on the drivers side. The central locking works fine when using the key in...
5
5