1999. 1.8tddi problem

It happened about 5 times or more in last 2 months. On riding suddenly starts flashing engine heater plug indicator, engine starts working on

0.8RPM and no reaction on pressing acelerator pedal. I turn off ignition and start engine again, then everything is workin well as before until next time... Whats the proublem could be? (sorry for my terrible english)
Reply to
miinnde

your throttle position sensor is playing up.

replace the throttle pedal.

Reply to
Gandissy

Well I'm not so sure abuot that... I think main computer is getting some error and engine starts working in emergensy mode. But what caind or error could be, because then starts flashing engine heater plug lamp...

Reply to
miinnde

the ECU is getting an error from the TPS and basically 'losing' the pedal position. the ECU then goes into limp mode, ignoring the signal it receives from the TPS and flashes the heater plug lamp to tell you how clever it is.

by turning off the ignition and re-starting the car the system is reset and therefore the pedal position is 'known' until the fault re-occurs.

Reply to
Gandissy