2000 Focus Front End noise

I have a 2000 Ford Focus LX with 64000 miles. Lately I have be hearing and feeling a thump/click when the car is cold coming from the front end. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side front wheel.
It begins when the car is cold and continues until I get going more than 40 MPH and then it seems to stop. The noise increases with speed. Strange too is that when I've been driving the car for a while in traffic it eventually stops.
Background:
A couple of months ago I replaced the front brake pads and rotors. A month or so later I had the clutch replaced. I began hearing or at least began noticing the noise a few weeks after the clutch replacement. I took it in the shop and was told that they couldn't find anything.
Any info regarding this little problem would be helpful.
Thanks. dats
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

could be anything, why not jack up a wheel and let it spin and have a close look. I think you can just jack one up and it'll spin because the differential mechanism, but be careful!
Are the wheel nuts tight ?
I've had concerns similar to this and sometimes it's the fender and plastic wheel well splash shield. The right fender in the front closes to the tire at the bottom is pretty flimsy, on the left side a component in that area braces the fender, and will rattle against the splash shield. With your fist lightly beat on the fender in that front area to see if you can reproduce your noise. Or run along beside the car at about 35 mph and see in you can hear the noise while sticking your head under the car. I'm kidding? I'll check for TSB's and let you know for a small fee. Again I'm kidding?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Last week I had to replace the Constant-velocity joint on the passenger side in my 2002 Focus SE. The rubber boot was split and sounded in my case like a squeaking belt. The sound was loudest in the AM and after a rain.