2000 focus heater fan switch

Can anyone tell me how to remove the dash so that i can replace the heater fan switch?

Add pictures here
βœ–
In message

What is the fault?
It is not unknown for the heater fan switch to fail but there is another fault that is fairly common. If the heater fan only works on the fastest settings the likelihood is that the thermal fuse in the resistor speed regulation module has failed.
For a related article, including removing switch see
<http://tinyurl.com/ycakz3
One of the links to the circuit and details of thermal fuses has changed to
<<http://www.amac.f2s.com/Focus1/
OR
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/browse_frm/thread/d3 f8f824445fd5c0/2f54afb11564c5dc?lnk=st&q=internal+blower%2Ffan+group%3Aal t.autos.ford.focus&rnum=1&hl=en#2f54afb11564c5dc>
If it is the thermal fuse then someone has recently suggested on this newsgroup that a replacement module can be obtained for around $15 (US) so its probably not worth a lower level do-it-yourself fix.
<http://tinyurl.com/yjv9co
OR
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/browse_frm/thread/b0 112ac1fce3fedb/29f990a48996f944?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#29f990a48996f944>
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Add pictures here
βœ–
the heater fan switch only works on the first and second setting.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I had the same problem with a 98 escort. It was not the switch. It was the connection for the blower that had failed. On mine, it was under the dash in the passenger side. Rather large 4 wire connector that for some reason looked like it had melted and corroded. Pulled it apart and cleaned it up and the 4 speeds started working again.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hello , the heater fan only works on the fastest (posicion 4) , anyone can tell me were is located the thermal fuse? , i can΄t find it , anyone can help me.
Thank you all, for your help.
wrote

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@netcabo.pt wrote

The thermal fuse is part of a module that also contains 3 resistors and can be found close to the blower fan. The fan is behind the glove box. If you flex the sides of the glove-box you can drop it down - you should then see the blower motor
Note that it may be an easier job to replace the whole module as it doesn't appear to be that expensive to buy from the ford parts department..
The links you quoted should give you more information

--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

I did this recently on my 2001 ZX3 US model built in Mexico.
1. Take the glove box out. (Side panel in the foot well may have to come out as well)
2. To the left of the blower motor housing, follow the wires closest to the housing to the firewall.
3. The variable resistor should be a black or blue plastic rectangle approx 1" by 2" and is held on by one or two small bolts. It is very obvious once you eyeball it.
4. When you pull it out, it will have, I believe, 3 resistors on the back.
5. It cost me $15 at the dealer for the part.
This is as best as I can remember and should be of help if you have a US model. I would ask the dealer to bring up a schematic on the microfiche showing you where yours is at on your model before you start tearing things up or ask a mechanic if my description is about right.
Good luck. Also, if your motor quits altogether before you replace the resistor you may have blown a fuse as well.
Add pictures here
βœ–
ok, already found and I disassembled the unit, and the thermal fuse is melted, the resistances are good. if somebody wants pictures of the unit can send for the email, it is only to ask for snipped-for-privacy@netcabo.pt, thank to all by the help. does anybody know if I can just buy the thermal fuse and where?
wrote

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@netcabo.pt wrote

Yes you can buy thermal fuses on its own. In the UK the cost is around 1 GBP (2 US $). In the UK there are a chain of shops that sell electronic components and it is also available from a couple of UK mail order companies. It may not be a good idea to buy from a UK company if you are not in The UK as the cost post shipping will be _many_ time the cost of the item and buying the whole module from a local Ford dealer would be cheaper.
You need to find a company that sells electronic components in your own country.
See <http://www.amac.f2s.com/Focus1/ Scroll down past the circuit diagram to the pictures of the pages form a couple of online catalogues.
--

With permission, the photos have been reproduced on <http://www.amac.f2s.com/Focus1/
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com
Hey I had the same problem, the heater switch did not work in all settings only on "2" . So I went and got the swicth from ford and started to remove, first I used 4 short pieces of steel coat hanger, about 4 inches long, to remove the stereo. Insert the hanger pieces in to the face of the stero, 2 on each side, and push them outboard to the side on the stereo, and pull outward the same time. When you get the stereo out DONT disconnect the wiring or it will cause the stereo to lock and you will have to get a code from the dealer costing you 50$. Once the stereo is out there are some screws in the side of the hole where the stereo came out , remove these, remove the knobs for all the controls by just pulling them off some require a lot of force. then just pull on the panel surrounding the stereo and it will come off. You will then be able to get access to the heater switch. But Never unplug the stereo. wrinkled wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

Or from someone from Ebay selling the code for about $1.50 or from someone else who can tell you for nothing.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Saturday, 11 November 2006 18:23:05 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi cant understand the panic about not to unplug the stereo if you have the code which most people have there isnt a problem.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Friday, October 27, 2006 at 9:47:41 PM UTC-5, wrinkled wrote:

TAKE THE RADIO OUT THEN TAKE OUT THE FOUR SCREWS AND PULL TO YOU
Add pictures here
βœ–