2000 focus LX engine noise

My focus has been a very good car for 4 years now. Just recently on my way to work I noticed a strange engine noise whenever i pressed the gas down or accelerated and held it down, but nothing when i took my foot off the
gas. A friend took a look and told me that it was a gasket on the right side, possibly the EGA Gasket?? Has anyone had that problem or something similar? or can you tell me how much the part might cost?