2000 focus LX engine noise

My focus has been a very good car for 4 years now. Just recently on my way to work I noticed a strange engine noise whenever i pressed the gas down or accelerated and held it down, but nothing when i took my foot off the gas. A friend took a look and told me that it was a gasket on the right side, possibly the EGA Gasket?? Has anyone had that problem or something similar? or can you tell me how much the part might cost?

Reply to
FOCUSMAN