2000 Ford Focus cooling fan keeps running...?

Hello, have a 2000 ford focus, 2.0 single overhead cam, just bought used and while doing some minor work noticed the 30amp inline fuse blown to the radiator cooling fans, replaced fan just keeps running until either battery
dead or blows fuse again, I replaced the coolant temp. sensor, still runs. I looked for the fan relays in the fuse box under hood, found where it and chiltons indicate should be two relays according to diagram but, only one in there. I pulled it fan still runs. Not sure what to do? Any ideas please...
the fan is controlled by the PCM it thinks there is something wrong with the engine so, to prevent it from overheating , it turns on the fan
there was a rework (over here in the uk) to fit a engine bay temp sensor which would turn on the fan after a long drive and after key off -dunno if yours has this tho..
You have your heater control on SCREEN ONLY in the car which makes the AC run constantly with the fans on.
MC.

What was the outcome?
Sorted now?