2000 ford focus rear drum brake

My left rear drum is leaking all the break fluid. I'm trying to remove the drum, but the 1 of the 4 bolts on the back is torqued on to where it's not easy to remove, and the last one of the 4 hub nuts does not want to come off as well... I'm at a stand still... Anyone have an idea?

Reply to
Josh H.

I had the same problem, it is not torqued on, it is rusted on. That is only half the problem, you are going to have a real hard time getting the drum off once you get the bolt off.

Reply to
vjc

Your best bet would be to remove the hub nut to get the drum off. Even though the repair manual says to remove the 4 bolts holding on the axle spindle, unless you have an impact wrench it is somewhat impossible to remove the bolts with regular tools due to corrosion. Most repair shops just remove the hub nut. The hub nut on very tight, it is torqued to about 185lbs but you can loosen it with a 30 mm socket and a very long bar. The nut is self locking and can be reused up to 4 times. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem, it is not torqued on, it is rusted on. That is only half the problem, you are going to have a real hard time getting the drum off once you get the bolt off.

Reply to
Henri