2000 Ford Focus wont start

I've got a 2000 ford Focus. I went to gas it up and as I was leaving the car died it was slow to turn over and it started. it died again and then started up after a while cranking the starter motor. it finally died and
now it won't start at all. Battery seems to be strong as it will turn it over but it doesn't want to start What could be happening?
Road_Tripper wrote:

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did put the right fuel in it? Like, you didn't put diesel in a petrol or vice versa...?

I was going to say that too.
Open the fuel cap and smell it... does it smell of petrol or diesel?
Obviously, make sure you're in a safe area, no lit cig, no matches, no fire anywhere nearby, etc!
--
- Tony Sutton
- http://www.fordst170.co.uk

If it was that problem, then it's a lot better than having the wrong fuel because it costs a lot of money to clear it out from the system!