2000 LX model

Hello...
I have a 2000 Focus LX model. I am wondering if anyone else has an engine that seems to run rather noisy. Seems while I am in the car it sounds like I am in a race car. Just wondering if this is normal, or
there is a problem. Any responses would be appreciated.
Robert snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
ROBERT TURNER wrote:

Hi I would suggest you to check the exhaust. bye Jupp

Maybe a hole in a exhaust.....
BRibic wrote:

only seems loud from inside. Vibrates a lot.

You can only tell properly with the car up on a hoist. The leak may be muffled by the car structure. If it's vibrating, this implies that the exhaust is loose at the manifold, since this connection is one of the vibration dampers. Easy and quick repair for any of the big volume exhaust franchises. Routine maintenance on any 5-year old car.
There is one way to tell if you have a hole in the muffler box or exhaust system, you can pop down to Midas for a free check up or block the exhaust pipe when the car is running. (You can use your hand with a work glove on). If there is a hole or a split in the exhaust system you will hear it from the hissing noise and the car will not stall out. If the car starts to stall out when the exhaust pipe is blocked, then the exhaust system is intact with no holes. There is a problem with this exhaust system, that over time it has a habit of rotting from the inside out. One way to tell is check for rust stains on the inside of the exhaust pipe or rust stains on your drive way from the exhaust condensate. (its happening to mine, exhaust starting to get loud),
BRibic wrote:

only seems loud from inside. Vibrates a lot.
<...There is a problem with this exhaust system, that over time it

Another troll lie. All exhaust systems (even expensive ones) can corrode from the inside out, especially if the car is driven for short trips in cold weather. Holding your hand over the exhaust pipe when idling can be instructive, although it doesn't tell you where the problem is.
I told you before Wanker that I am not a troll. Why do you try to repudiate or discredited any one who might post any problems with the Ford Focus. You have done it to other posters in the past. Enough said. I have now BLOCKED all of your postings to show on my computer. You can post what you like I will not see them. If you post with another identity to try to get around this - you will be the troll.
wrote <...There is a problem with this exhaust system, that over time it

Another troll lie. All exhaust systems (even expensive ones) can corrode from the inside out, especially if the car is driven for short trips in cold weather. Holding your hand over the exhaust pipe when idling can be instructive, although it doesn't tell you where the problem is.

Hard to tell exactly without hearing it, but from what you say it sounds very abnormal indeed. Focuses are neither the quietest nor noisiest of small North American cars (although from my experience more recent ones are better).
I would guess that you have a problem with the exhaust system, either a hole in a pipe or muffler or the donut at the manifold/exhaust connection. A visit to your local exhaust shop should suffice to correct it.

Dunno where your Focus was build, over here (Germany) earlier ones had some noise problems due to improper door/mirror/etc sealing at speeds >80 km/h. There's an advice from Ford how to fix it (TSI Nr.105/2000), ask you dealer about it.
All needed parts are not that cheap, haven't replaced all of the them, only a few which helped a little bit. Around Vmax (about 130 mph) it's still a bit noisy, but with the current petrol prices you didn't really wanted to drive at this speed for long anyway....
On my Focus (1999) the uproar is more related to wind, not the engine, which is quite enough.