2000 Reg Focus CL - Noise from rear bearings (Again)

I have a Ford Focus CL and has 37,000 miles on the clock and in great condition generally. I have just this week noticed a noise coming from the area of the rear bearings and have been advised by a "mechanic" to have the bearings renewed. All he did was ramp the car up and give the wheels a quick turn by hand. He said the noise told him "all he needed to know". I never heard that much of a noise to be honest, so how do I know if I really need this job done? It's going to cost me £240 (UK) to get the bearings done, is this a good price for this job?

Thanks.

Tricia.

Reply to
Brando