2000 ZX3 Revs Hang During Upshifts

I've noticed the revs don't drop much when you declutch while in gear, basically forcing you to slip the clutch a bit after upshifts. 1st to 2nd is particularly bad. I test drove two of the same model, and they both did
the same, plus I read a review that mentioned the same behavior, so I assume it is normal. The revs don't 'hang' like that in neutral on either car I drove. Only while in gear. Any easy way to adjust this? The car could be a blast to drive, and I thought I would get used to it, but I still cringe thinking of all the unnecessary wear I'm putting on the clutch. Thanks.
Alan Winkle wrote:

is, for you to adjust. A Ferrari is a blast to drive! Focus=Sleepeze