2000 ZX3 tires?

Hi,

I have a 2000 ZX3 5-speed and am just about to take the winter tires off and need to buy some new all seasons. I am looking for recommendations. The car has low mileage and does mostly city driving with occasional road trips.

thanks

HeatherM

Reply to
Heather Morrison

If you have winter tires already, do yourself a *big* favour and do not buy all-season tires. All-season tires are a hopeless compromise, not really good for any season. Get yourself a decent set of performance summer radials, perhaps with a bias towards wet-weather performance for safety. I have had very good experience with RE-7XX tires (I think they are up to RE-750 now). Excellent wet weather grip, decent dry road handling (i.e. you will lose your nerve in corners before the tire does) and quite good tire wear. The RE-750 also consistently finishes in the top 3 in most European tire tests for summer, performance tires.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

I agree with Stephen, don't settle for cheap "all" season tires. I had Yokohama's A-509 on an Acura Integra back in 90 ~ 91 and it made the car handle like a dream. Your car is relying on four patches or rubber compound about the size of a CD. Do yourself a favour and spend an extra 50$ or 60$ per tires maybe. You will not regret it.

Check out this one, It is somewhat similar to the ones I had just newer...

There are a lot more out there, Shop shop shop Chris.

Reply to
C Thibault