2001 focus overheating

I'm having an issue with my 2001 overheating while I'm in traffic for an extended period of time. There are no leaks and the anti-freeze is at the proper level.
Any help would be much appreciated
Have you checked the radiator fan comes on? Ian

Honestly I can't say if it comes on when the AC is off, but it does when it's on.
In message

There are two fans.
--
Alan
"" wrote: > I'm having an issue with my 2001 overheating while I'm in > traffic for an > extended period of time. There are no leaks and the > anti-freeze is at the > proper level. > > Any help would be much appreciated

Are you sure that the cooling fan is switching on? The fan should only cut in if the engine gets hot such as when you are stuck in a traffic.. If you have Air Con there will be two fans.
Have you checked the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box?
Fuses 6 and 29 are associated with the air con fan (30 Amp /Green)
Fuse 65 (30 Amps/Green) is for the engine cooling Fan
--
Alan