2001 focus SE vents blowing hot air

Most times when I'm in my car with the vents on(cold) the air blowing is much hotter than outside air and just a hair colder than if the heat was on
all the way up. The only times it is cold is if the car is in a very cold place for a long period of time then it's ok for like 15-20 minutes when driving but then heats up. Anyone else have this problem?