2001 SE with 100,269 miles on it and

it died on the highway while cruising at 85mph. After coasting to an exit and having it towed I find out the fuel pump died. I also found out it was on recall and asked them to replace the fuel filter as
well. I had the tranny fluid changed at 70k and always had the oil changed at 3k. What I want to know is what problems now lie ahead. I have had no problems with the car except the air bag sensor needed replacing at 50k. Its a zetec 2.0 has lots of power and has been good to me. Someone told me to replace the timing belt at 70k but I have not done that. The dealer wants 350 to do that. I still owe 7k on the car. What problems should I expect for the next 100k and will it last or should I trade it in. It looks brand new and runs great until yesterday. I use it to commute 5 days a week at 200 miles a day average speed of 80mph for 2 hours straight. On the weekends it sits. I am the only passenger. I need reliability. Will it make another 100k? Any suggestions on what needs to be done to keep the car up to spec. I have never tuned it up or anything like that. It does not hesitate at least not until yesterday. Any thoughts?

Although timing belt failure is rare on this engine- if it does break the engine will be smashed- so if you are hoping for another 100k- carry on with the 3k oil changes and get that timing belt changed ASAP!
Tim..