2002 Focus Horn Problem

My 2002 Ford Focus Horn stopped working. I pulled the horn relay and jumpered the horn circuit and the horn worked. I also swapped the relay with an identical relay next to it and the horn still does not work. So I figure the control voltage from the horn contact switch on the stearing wheel is not getting to the relay.

I searched the web to see if there was any detail on replacing the horn contact switch and didn't find anything. I am also reluctant to work near the air bag.

Any suggestions for a do it yourself fix befor I spend my $$$ at the dealership?

Reply to
Bruce

I declined and decided to see if there were other options. When I got to the dealer to pick up the car, I found that there was no charge for the analysis. Then my service rep told me the horn worked if you press in the right place. Funny, I did'nt work at all in any place before I brought it in. No complaints. I'm happy it works again if I press anywhere on the top half and all along the edge.

Reply to
Bruce