2002 ford focus

hello, i own a 2002 Ford Focus mach 500. I had a remote car starter installed a few days ago and the check engine light came on after using it a few times. I went back to the installer and they said the code came up for the fuel pressure system. they cleared it and i drove it a few more days and used the starter once or twice, no light. after that, i tried it again and the light came on. anyone have any idea what this could be? it doesnt happen when i use the key. the car does sound a little different when starting, but not everytime and only when using the remote starter.

If all this wasnt enough to worry about, today i was inserting a cd into the 6 disc changer and it got stuck. now the first two cd?s cannot be read or ejected and there is a big clicking sound when trying to do that. anyone have any directions on how to fix this?

thanks for the help

Reply to
Jarker

In alt.autos.ford.focus Jarker :

Had to look up what this is at all, iirc something like this would be pretty illegal over here (Germany). Auxiliary heating system

- Pre-heaters)are made for this purpose and can be started via timer or remotecontrol.

Remote guess, it's a problem with the immobilizer, which is taken care by the key, at least with my Focus (1999). Perhaps try detaching the car battery for 30 minutes and see if this improves things?

Reply to
Michael Heiming