2002 FORD FOCUS

60,000 freeway miles.

How long can I expect this little gem to keep going?

I have always done well with Fords getting 150,000 miles easy.

Will the Focus go the distance? It gets 40 mpg.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

There was a guy from your side of the pond who used to post here regularly. His Focus had done over 200,000 miles last time he posted.

At 60,000, its barely run in! (Or should that be broken in?)

In non-US areas, the service interval for the Focus is 12,000 miles. With the generally more frequent oil changes that I imagine your car gets, it should last you well.

My '99 Focus has 92,000 on it now, and still drives perfectly.

Happy motoring from the UK!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

My Focus is a jewel. I hope to keep it a very long time.

Thanks for the good news.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

We just hit 104k for our 2000 Focus...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Reply to
Mike Eppler

I have 162K on my 2001 Wagon. Still running well.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I believe you're talking about John Cambron. I dug out what I believe is his last posting here. It's archived at:

To quote John: "238,000 plus miles and still as strong as the day I drove it off the dealer lot."

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Yep, that's who I was thinking of.

I wonder how many he did before he changed it?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Well if it's like my US 2001 Focus ZTS which now is just shy of 316,000 miles you can expect it to last for a very long time.

Reply to
Ed

No oil usage, 1/2 qt low at oil change. Please explain that one to me. Did you start a 1/2 qt low?

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
runthatbymeagain

We have a WINNER!

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Sorry to have some negative comments but my UK 2003 Focus has just over

70,000 miles and has needed both front wheel bearings replaced, one rear bearing, together with ABS sensor bits and tonight my third O/S headlight lamp failed. I now dread the second N/S one failing because I'll need to remove the battery to get the cover off, unless somebody can tell me another way of doing it. Oh, by the way, about a year ago the water pump failed, but due to the Ford engine shut down to "limping mode" I managed to get home, but with much gesticulation and honking from other impatient B*****s who have no tolerance of mechanical imperfections. I cannot understand why these things have happened to me when I have obeyed the rules and have had the necessary services when required. My Dad once said "There are cars and there are Fords" He also said that Fords work on a principle of getting the same car for twice the price; The first time when it's bought and the second time in replacement parts. Despite all of that I like my car and it suits my particular requirements as well as I could expect for the price. I only wish that items not maintained during routine servicing would last a bit longer, but, I suppose, that is the standard of quality to be expected at my lowly level in the food chain. There are winers and there are losers. In between there are statistics / stories and reported experiences. I wish you good experiences and joy with your car because one swallow doesn't make a summer but that is not to say tat it won't!

Roger

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... On Mar 27, 4:33 pm, Ed wrote:

We have a WINNER!

Reply to
Roger

You have been a bit unlucky, but there are owners of other makes of car that would have been overjoyed with the level of replacements you have experienced.

One of my step-sons recently got rid of his two-year old Corsa; it had spent about 5% of its life in the dealer's workshop. The final straw was failure of the electric power steering. That took two dealer visits, and a total of two weeks off the road, to fix. OK, it was all under warranty, but still cost in terms of lost time.

OTOH, my '99 Focus, bought as an ex-demonstrator, now has 93K miles.It had a couple of small warranty jobs done in the first year. Since then, replacement parts have been well under 100UKP.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In message , Roger writes

I do sympathise but its not typical of Ford. I have had a continuous run of Fords ownership since 1994 (x2 Focus, x2 Mondeo) and I wouldn't still be buying them if there was a serious problem. My original Focus was bought new in 1999 and I still own it (wife drives it now). It has had very little go wrong with it and I think I've spent about £150 on non-service related defects.

My current Focus 2.0 TDCi is coincidentally in the dealership at the moment trying to overcome a warm start problem which has already seen the fuel injectors replaced at a cost of £1000 but luckily its under warranty. Shame the new injectors didn't fix the problem and engine now sounds like a tractor with modified injectors :-(

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Ford 1980 Mustang ran 100,000 without problems

Ford 1984 Escort Hatchback ran 150,000 without problems

Ford 1985 Tempo ran 150,000 without problems

Ford 1995 Escort Wagon ran 150,000 without problems (I miss this puppy)

Ford 2002 Focus (bought used!) has run 60,000 without problems

I only changed cars when I saw miles building and didn't want to become stranded. But, now I see that I don't need to plan for a very long time to replace my 2002 Ford Focus. I am going to drive it until it's time to take it out and shoot it. I really can't see me driving any other car as over my life time, Fords have been an efficient and economical way to get around. Yes, I could buy any car I desire, but there's no reason to change! Let everyone else pay more for a car that does things you don't need and pay 2 or 3 times more in gas! I will do other things with my money. May God bless you, Henry Ford (July 30, 1863 - April 7, 1947)! You came and left before I even arrived but I have benefited from your life.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN