2002 Ford Focus: how to replace the front wheel bolts (lug bolts)

The last time I had new tires put on my vehicle, it appears that the tire shop damaged one of my front wheel bolts (lugs), and I'm going to try and replace all four of them on my front wheel.

I checked my repair manuals, and even the factory manual, but I cannot find anything that tells me how to do this outside of one web site...

Is that the right way to replace these bolts?

Or, do I have to remove the wheel hub first? Or, can I just leave it on the vehicle and hammer out the wheel bolts (lugs)?

How do the dealers replace these bolts?

Reply to
Jack

The instructions given seem adequate to accomplish the task. Just be sure to properly support the vehicle. Use a jack stand, not just a jack. Make sure that the vehicle is solidly held up before striking with the hammer. Seriously, if the car comes down unexpectedly someone could be badly injured. Other than that, it is a pretty easy task. Personally, I would use a punch instead of a bolt to drive out the old studs...

I would expect that the dealer would put the vehicle up on a lift (not a jackstand) and pound the old stud out with a hammer and punch.

-=RaOuL=-

Reply to
-=RaOuL=-