2002 Ford Focus SE - intermittent sputtering

At about 50,000 miles, my Ford Focus developed a problem where it would intermittently sputter.
It happened more often when I was accelerating, and it sounded like a
problem with an obstruction in my fuel tank.
Many people on this newsgroup gave me ideas and lists to work thru, thanks.
At the end of the day, all I needed was a new set of spark plugs and wires, and now my engine runs fantastic again.

Question: Does anyone have any suggestions on what are the best plugs and wires to use in my Ford Focus?
Technically, the best plugs/wires are the ones you get from the dude in the parts department at your local Authorized Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer. Technically ;) In reality, any plug that isnt $0.10 will work :)
Also, I'd say if you just do city driving and not that much, and don't put more than 10,000 miles on in a year, yes, changing plugs every 25,000 or 2.5 years is a good idea.