2002 ford focus zx5

I have a 2002 ford focus zx5. I have a little problem with it, the engine check light lights up every now and then like every other month. And I have been to the dealer and all they did was either open the gas tank lid or remove the battery terminals and replacing them back on. Although it runs great, I was just wondering is there any other reason for this? thanks.

Reply to
singleparin