2002 XL sedan- does it have cabin air filter?

It's not mentioned in the Owner's Guide but is mentioned as a possibility in the Maintenance Guide.

I believe all focus models from first date of production have a pollen filter which should be replaced once a year.
booyoo wrote:

Some US base models have no filter fitted, although one can subsequently be used.
The change interval on European cars is 20,000 miles, or every two years.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

So now the question is- where is (or should be) the filter? How do I change it?
azjerry wrote:

Any help?
http://tinyurl.com/2cemu2
Note that it is essential that the bead of sealant at the base of the windscreen is in good condition. If in any doubt, renew it otherwise water *will* leak into the footwell.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Excellent. Thanks.
Jerry

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:28:14 GMT, Chris Whelan
:>booyoo wrote::> :>> I believe all focus models from first date of production have a pollen :>> filter which should be replaced once a year.:> :>Some US base models have no filter fitted, although one can subsequently be:>used.
At least thru the '04 model year I don't believe any US model came new with a cabin air filter installed. I've never seen or heard of one. In fact, even my '04 SVT Focus, which is definitely not a base model, did not come new with a cabin air filter. I installed one myself due to living in Arizona where we always have lots of dust and pollen in the air.
me/2