2002 ZX5 getting only 9 mpg

I recently went over a curb which I didn't see when I entered a garage. The right side of my 2002 Focus ZX5 came down hard to top of the curb right behind the right wheel. I was easily able to back off the curb and drive
away with no apparent damage. I had my garage put the car on the rack and have a look at it. He said all seemed to be fine.
But obviously it's not. I'm averaging about 9 miles per gallon since this happened. I don't smell any gas so I am assuming the gas line is ok. Can anyone tell me the likely source of my sudden drop in gas milage?
Check the brakes aren't catching - the wheels will get very hot - and you'll find acceleration reduced.
Paul R

The