2003 1.6 Auto Focus (UK) Hatch remote opener not working

Need help please!

Suddenly neither the key button or the one on the dashboard opens the Hatch. Pressing the dash one lots of times sometimes operates it.

The handbook doesn't list either a relay or fuse for it.

Anyone have similar problem and solve it? Or a handbook reference to a fuse/relay? Or any idea?

Reply to
Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor schrieb:

Hi could be, the water pipe to the rear window cleaner is broken between the roof and the hatch door. If so, the water runs along the wires to the plugs in the back of the car leading to short circuits and misfunction in the whole back area. Take a look into the storage apartments in the back of your car to the left and right behind the wheel housing. There are some plugs that needs to be dry. bye Jupp

Reply to
Josef Erbs

Thanks for that! The rear washer is still working, but it could be a leaky joint, I'll look.

richard

Reply to
Dickie mint

Finally had a chance to check things out. No water leaks, and I could hear the relay operate - it's inside what I suspect is the car alarm box. Had a fiddle and all is now working, so it was either a loose connector or a bad joint.

Reply to
Dickie mint