2003 Driver Mirror replacement

Hi all, new to the group. My girl's 2003 Focus had the driver mirror practically ripped all the way off. Its a manual control. I'd like to replace it for her since now its being held on with freakin' duct tape. I see a small torx nut on the inside of the door that attaches one part (front) of the mirror. Can anyone give me a reference or step by step (pictures?) to replace the mirror? I'm fairly handy with cars but body work can be a pain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Reply to
Shutdown Corner

I had the same thing happen to me... my advice is to Google this subject, I did that and there is a very detailed step by step instruction on how to do this. But basically what you need to do is remove the cover where the control is and there is a bolt behind that, be careful though because if you drop the bolt into the door good luck getting it out, then remove the torx nut and it should come right off. Install the new one in the same way you took the old one off in reverse order and it should be all set. its a fairly easy fix if you are even a little handy with tools.

Reply to
The Saltman

Yep, I've replaced both of my mirrors now.

There is a cover on the inside of the door that is just the size of the mirror. It is held on by 3 clips at the back side and a plastic post at the front. Pry it back gently at the rear just enough to free the cover from the clips and then it will pop streight out.

Once the cover is removed, if the mirror is electric rfemove the wires from the harnes. Then remove the foam padding from the door frame. Therfe is a

10mm bolt there that you can remove with a socket and extension, then pull the mirror out from the outside of the car Pictures here:
Jack
Reply to
Yea Right