2003 Focus clutch

Hi, how do you tell if your clutch is going? My pedal is almost all the way to the top before clutch engages. Is this normal? Thanks Dave.

You must press all the way to shift gears. Clutch is finished if it starts to squeeze when shifting or making a weard sound. Your focus is too young to have clutch problem, or you are driving like Schummacher ..:-))
B.R.

LOL good one. I have never experienced the hydroulic clutch before. I just noticed that when I use the clutch. The pedal does not need to go all the way down only few inches to shift. before engaging it travels almost to the very to top before it releases is this normal for Focus?
ledpeddle wrote:

Hi no, it is not. My German Focus has about 33.000 Km on the clock and tha clutch engages at the lower half of the way. I think Your clutch is nearly finished. bye Jupp
Josef Erbs wrote:

The last clutch I had go out on my '88 Probe it wouldn't compleatly disengage, couldn't press the pedal down far enough. Had to shut the car off put in reverse start the car back up, then could put in forward gears, just a little grinding.
A simple test: Whan standing still, engage the hand brake hard, put it in fourth gear, lift the cluch pedal and push the throttle fully for a second or two. The engine should stop. If engine accelerates, the cluch is gone. If car moves, the handbrake is bad. /per

It seems to shift okay but thought the pedal travel to engage is high. I am use to the old clutches where it has play and then travel you push to the floor and then half way up it starts to engage. My Focus goes all the way up to engage. I took it to the Ford dealer he said its normal. I think they want out of fixing it. I have had the car only three days and only 21.kilos on it. What is suggested I do? Thanks Dave.
I've always thought the biting point was high on my focus.
if the clutch doesn't slip when trying to accelerate up an incline in too high a gear it should be OK.

Thanks for all the help.

guess yours will be fine