2003 Focus clutch

Hi, how do you tell if your clutch is going? My pedal is almost all the way to the top before clutch engages. Is this normal? Thanks Dave.

Reply to
ledpeddle

You must press all the way to shift gears. Clutch is finished if it starts to squeeze when shifting or making a weard sound. Your focus is too young to have clutch problem, or you are driving like Schummacher ..:-))

B.R.

Reply to
BRibic

LOL good one. I have never experienced the hydroulic clutch before. I just noticed that when I use the clutch. The pedal does not need to go all the way down only few inches to shift. before engaging it travels almost to the very to top before it releases is this normal for Focus?

Reply to
ledpeddle

Hi no, it is not. My German Focus has about 33.000 Km on the clock and tha clutch engages at the lower half of the way. I think Your clutch is nearly finished. bye Jupp

Reply to
Josef Erbs

The last clutch I had go out on my '88 Probe it wouldn't compleatly disengage, couldn't press the pedal down far enough. Had to shut the car off put in reverse start the car back up, then could put in forward gears, just a little grinding.

Reply to
Me

A simple test: Whan standing still, engage the hand brake hard, put it in fourth gear, lift the cluch pedal and push the throttle fully for a second or two. The engine should stop. If engine accelerates, the cluch is gone. If car moves, the handbrake is bad. /per

"ledpeddle" skrev i meddelandet news:rm9pd.51530$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
per

It seems to shift okay but thought the pedal travel to engage is high. I am use to the old clutches where it has play and then travel you push to the floor and then half way up it starts to engage. My Focus goes all the way up to engage. I took it to the Ford dealer he said its normal. I think they want out of fixing it. I have had the car only three days and only 21.kilos on it. What is suggested I do? Thanks Dave.

Reply to
ledpeddle

I've always thought the biting point was high on my focus.

if the clutch doesn't slip when trying to accelerate up an incline in too high a gear it should be OK.

Reply to
Mike2

Thanks for all the help.

Reply to
ledpeddle

The clutch on my Focus bites really high and it's only done 7,500 miles so I guess yours will be fine

Reply to
Broccoli Spears