2003 Ford Focus Clutch Problem

Hey everyone. I was leaving work yesterday and when I pushed in my clutch there was a noise that sounded like plastic breaking. I ignored it thinking I just ran over something in the parking lot at the time
but when I got into my car this morning the clutch seemed to have a little more slack in it and there was half of a black broke plastic ring laying on the floor. Does anyone know what this is or if I should worry about it? My car only has like 18,000 miles on it so I shouldn't be having clutch problems. Thanks for any help.

Sound like a clutch cable except for the black plastic ring on the floor. If it were that it's not nearly as bad as it sounds though it needs quick attention... you should really take it in.
Shelle wrote:

Except that the Focus doesn't have a clutch cable...
Most likely thing I can think of is the plastic bush the pedal pivots on has broken up.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

True, the clutch is hydraulic, take a look under your dash.. HOPEFULLY the answer will be there....
-AF Chris Whelan wrote:

ditto