2003 Ford Focus Drive Cycle question- Help needed related to catalytic converter

I went to get my state inspection done. The focus failed the inspection, about 5 readouts were not ready. I was told by the tech that I needed to complete a drive cycle, usually 30-50 miles, to reset the car and get the readout. I asked a tech at a ford dealership, he said about 40 miles also. So, this morning I got up, drove 45 miles, mostly highway, and went back to the inspection shop. no change. Now the tech says maybe it might need 75-100 miles to reset. All of the readouts have to do with the catalytic converter, that is what i was told.

I found this online- Catalyst 7. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from

40 to 72 Km/h (25 to 45 MPH) over a 10 minute period. Executes the Catalyst Monitor.

Anyone have any clue as to the best way to do this so that next time I know I get it right, and don't have to drive an hour only to find out it wasn't enough?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
nesports79

TOT I know, but I'm curious, is that similar to our British MoT, where a vehicle has to be annually tested for roadworthiness and emissions?

Cheers Ivan

Reply to
Ivan