2003 ZX3

Hello to the group
My son is looking at a used 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 at a local Ford dealer. Dealer is asking $8990. 47,800 miles. Seems like it is in nice shape, with
no dents, nice paint, clean, etc.
Any suggestions on what I should look for in the way of potential problems with that model and year?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom
mabar wrote:

Try http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/ford/focus/100083467/prices.html for some good info.
Ron
That may tell him the opinions of others, but how will that help him with the ONE he is considering?
mike hunt

Obviously that can only be done by an on-site inspection by a qualified person. In general, however, by 2003 the defects known in the first couple of years of production had long been resolved. So it's really a question of how this car has been maintained.
Precisely ;)
mike hunt

Thank you everybody for your responses.
Tom

with
couple
Tom. I have the same vehicle. and I can tell you that I have put 50 thousand plus miles on it and have had good luck with it. Got it used with 12000. I get about 29-32 MPG depending on my use. The only thing I noticed is when AC is on you lose alot of acceleration and your fuel milage drops. I know that is common but it seemed more aggressive in this car. All I can tell you is that price isn't bad. do your homework and take it to your trusted mechanic and have him take a look at it. If I had to buy this car again I would.
pin77